Weekend Update

Before I get to today’s update…..today’s photo is head study of Herbie, taken a few weeks ago in Denver where he earned back-to-back G2’s. We had such a nice week with him last week, while David and Lesley were judging, but he’s back to work now…

The last few days have been long and tiring and I apologize to those who are still awaiting e-mail from me. When I’ve been home, I’ve been resting. With three rounds of chemo behind me, fatigue has begun to set in. I got up Saturday morning, feeling GREAT and excited to be going to a show. I drove 1.5 hours to the show site and, when I got there, felt light-headed and my vision was blurry. It was good to see friends but I felt that I needed to apologize in advance for “chemo brain” or as I call it, “congnitive dyslexia”, which presents me with lucid thoughts in my head but often leaves me wondering about what comes out of my mouth. I showed Luigi and went WD….then excused myself and went home to sleep.

On Sunday, I woke at 5 am with a migraine but I got myself ready, drove to the show and went reserve. Ugggghhh!! Another day at the dog show! I returned home, with 3 hours of driving behind me, only to learn that I needed to drive another 2 hours (round-trip) to pick up some props for Fiddler in the Roof. Then….I got home and had to spend another hour driving Amanda to a rehearsal. By the time I got home that evening, I was exhausted and went straight to bed.

I don’t even remember what I did on Monday but I know that it involved more driving and more sleeping.

Today I met with my oncologist. The fourth of six chemo treatments will be next week and I’ll have a CT scan on the 27th, with results available on May 30th. I’m obviously anxious to see if the chemo is working. My rash has spread to most of the inside area of my legs and, since over-the-counter creams have not helped, I was prescribed an ointment to help deal with the pain and itching. It’s not bad…..but it will be nice to have something to treat the rash when needed. I’ve also experienced peripheral neuropathy in the tips of my fingers and toes. This was also not a big deal until I tried to strip my wire-haired dachshund this last week. Without the sensation in my fingertips, it’s hard to feel the hair as I try to groom him. I’ve also had more headaches in the last couple of weeks. I had a migraine that kept me awake all night last night.

Ooops! Time for Dancing with the Stars…..more later!


One thought on “Weekend Update

  1. Keep resting! It sounds like you have been so busy. Good luck with your CT scan. Only 3 more treatments to go!

    I love the picture what a sweet boy šŸ™‚

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s